Essential Project Management Skills Course (3 days)
Without core skills and knowledge project managers will struggle and often fail to bring projects home to time and budget.
Kennedy Ryder expertise in managing projects on behalf of clients and delivering project management courses leading to internationally recognized qualifications – PRINCE2, PMP and CAPM, has given a pool of knowledge from which this course was developed and enhanced. The Essential Project Management Skills Course draws best practices from PRINCE2, PMI PMP & CAPM PMBoK, and the APM APMP Body of Knowledge and adds to it the personal experiences of the trainers. A high percentage of time is spent on a case study managing a ‘live’ project using the techniques presented.
The course has been delivered to over 1,000 delegates worldwide and has gained a solid reputation.
The Kennedy Ryder Essential Project Management Skills Course is covers four major areas. The areas follow a sequence and are best followed in that sequence. The course can be, and often is, delivered in-house and tailored to suit our client’s needs, priorities and project management method. Kennedy Ryder often assists its client in developing a suitable methodology.
Kennedy Ryder is also able to bring the expertise of its team into developing and delivering additional modules covering specific PRINCE2, PMI, APM or IPMA techniques that our clients wish to employ (e.g. Earned Value). We can also add modules that link Business Analysis, ITIL or SEI CMMI knowledge and techniques when a client wishes. Contact us through the link below.
The four areas covered are:-
The objectives of the course are to give attendees:-
- a firm understanding of the principles of project management;
- practice in using project management techniques;
- confidence to use the techniques on returning to the office; and
- an introduction to understanding of the project management methodology.
Specifically, by the end of the course, delegates will understand:-
- what project management is, and why it is necessary;
- the benefits of project management;
- the function and components of the various project roles and responsibilities;
- how to plan a project - including how to improve estimating, and how to create and interpret useful project management information graphs and charts;
- the benefits of and how to create and use Product Descriptions;
- how to quickly and effectively complete project documentation;
- when and how to undertake risk analysis and management.
|Venues & Start Dates||Fee per Delegate||Early Bird
Book & Pay by
|Early Bird Fee|
|Petaling Jaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|17th June 2013||MYR 3,300||01/05/13||MYR 2,600|
|2nd September 2013||MYR 3,300||01/08/13||MYR 2,600|
|9th September 2013||MYR 3,300||01/08/2013||MYR 2,600|
|Geneva Lausanne, Switzerland|
|22nd July 2013||CHF 1,600||01/06/13||CHF 1,200|
|7th October 2013||HK$9,000||01/09/2013||HK$ 7,500|
|25th March 2013||GBP800||01/03/13||GBP 700|
|To book your place, or register an interest in this course, please Contact us
Course fees include manual & course handouts.
Lunch, morning and afternoon coffee/tea are provided.